Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Vinca and Oak

[whoops! I meant to post this yesterday, but it seems that I forgot!]

Our lovely little snow from Sunday has all but melted away now, and Earth seems more-than-pleased about the additional bit of moisture heading into summer. Here’s to hoping that the droughts won’t be particularly bad this year. In any case, right now, heading into spring, campus is beautiful! Summer weather is back again (tomorrow we’re supposed to be in the 70s!) and all the trees and shrubs are racing into bud. Typical Colorado for you.

I was going to take photos of basically everything around the campus, but I have so many meetings and classes today (inside, of course, in such beautiful weather), that I only had the chance to snap a few pictures on the way to class.

Here’s some gorgeous vinca that’ve been loving the opportunity to drink up some water before spreading their petals.
  DSC_0775

DSC_0777

What gorgeous color, am I right?

And I even got some photos of my English Oak friend! They haven’t quite woken up yet, but they’re just beginning to bud. The first photo is of one of the twigs that I took while sitting in the tree, and the second is from a bit of a distance.

DSC_0753

DSC_0780
I’m sure that there was something else I was going to talk about, but now I can’t quite remember. So I suppose that’s all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment